Monday, November 12, 2012

I Don't Know What to Say

I really don't know what to say.  About once a week, I think that I should post something.  But, there's usually not much to write about.  Every now and then, something will happen that I think might be blog worthy, but don't write anything.  As I've written previously, I think I've turned a corner in my grief.  There are still triggers, sad moments, and crying jags.  But, I'm no longer so full of the cup runneth over grief, anger, and sadness that had me writing every few days.

I've never been much of a writer, really.  Obviously, I'm a writer in the sense that I can put words on a page just fine.  I have two blogs.  But, writing has never been my passion.  I never kept a diary growing up.  I tried a couple of times, because that's what I thought young girls were supposed to do.  But after an entry or two, it would fall to the wayside.  I've always been more of a reader.

So, yeah.  I've never wanted to write the next bestseller.  Though, lately, I have wanted to write a book on cervical insufficiency.  It's really bothered me that there's so little information on IC out there for the lay reader.  What is out there is the bare minimum, and once you've read one pamphlet or book section, you've read them all.  They're not very informative or particularly helpful. Parents in the thick of a pregnancy crisis don't have time to hunt down and interpret the medical literature.  And since most folks don't subscribe to medical journals, the $30 per article access fee is more than ridiculous. I imagine writing a book that would provide ALL the information to parents who need it.  I don't want to overload readers with medical jargon, yet I don't want to dumb it down to nothing.

So dear readers, what do you think?  Should I continue blogging here?  I'm not sure how some of you found this blog, but it seems like readership is on track to surpass my happy little baking blog, though nothing much is going on over there, either.  It seems like most infertility or baby loss blogs end when the rainbow baby is born.  I'm not pregnant, and don't intend to be anytime soon, so that's not the reason for my dwindling posts.  Maybe this blog has served its purpose?  Or maybe it's like those childhood diaries...temporary?  Maybe writing that book is the next chapter?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter =).

No comments:

Post a Comment