Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy (?) New Year's!

I read a lot of blogs, and as the year comes to a close, many of them are doing some sort of "Year in Review" post.  I'm not going to do that; her or on The Great Cakescapade.  Why?  Because 'm not looking back, only forward.  Closing the door, completely, on 2012 will be the best thing I can do to get 2013 off to a good start.

I gave up on making resolutions several years ago.  Instead, I've just tried to be better and do better than the year before.  Last year, I made a vision board.  A vision board is a visual collage to motivate you for the year.  I'll be doing that again this year, only I plan to kick it up a notch from the cut up magazine page version I made last year.  I also plan to do some journaling.  I like the idea of a gratitude journal, where you write down one thing for which you are grateful every day.  I also like the Project Life items, and the idea of capturing your life throughout the year, but want a more free form approach.  I have a few ideas in mind, and plan to work on my 2013-book-of-whatever tomorrow.  If I like what I come up with, I may share bits and pieces here.

I also plan to live by the following Maya Angelou quote:

                    "I can be changed by what happens to me.  I refuse to be reduced by it".

Here's to a Happy 2013, and may your wishes, hopes, dreams, and prayers come true!  See ya next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment