Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Everything Happens For a Reason, They Say


One of the first CDs I ever bought, way back in eight grade, was by a duo called Zhane', and they had a song called "Everything Happens for a Reason".  I used to love this song.  One because it's just a pretty song, and two, because I did believe everything happens for a reason.

I'm not sure if I've listened to this song since losing Morgan, but it came up this morning in an iTunes playlist while I was working.  The words certainly had a new meaning.  The song is in the link, but some of the words are:

Saying goodbye can be the hardest thing to doWhen you really love someone.You keep holding on hoping that a second would lastLast you forever, but it dont
Letting go can be the hardest thing to doWhen you truly care about someoneYou cant say byeenough times to make your feelings last a life timebut all the memories never go away
...And at the end...
Everything happens for a reasonthey say they saythey keep telling me
Everything happens for a reasonthey say
This is what got me: the repetition of THEY say.  Who is they?  What have they gone through that compares?  And yes, I guess I still do believe (deep down inside) that everything does happen for a reason.  I guess it's just one of those common "feel better" phrases that THEY say, just set to music.




No comments:

Post a Comment