Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ricochet

I feel like I've been thrown back in time. Ricocheting between today's reality and various points in time over the past year.  One year ago, I was counting down the days until our 20 week anatomy scan, eager to see if our Little Tater Pop was a boy or girl.  Today, I'm thinking of how to mark the first anniversary of her death, not her first birthday.

For whatever reason, it seems like the one year mark is held up as the finish line for surviving the loss of a child.  Survive the first year, and you're good.  Maybe so.  But the weeks leading up to it are crap.

2 comments:

  1. Angela,

    I have been thinking of you and Chris, especially as Morgan's day approaches. Even though you are not in Atlanta, please know I am here if you need to talk.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. We're not quite sure what we're going to do that day. It's good to hear from you.

      Delete