Saturday, October 27, 2012

Stuck

Sometimes, I feel as if I'm stuck in a never ending gestation.  When you think of a year, or the 9 months of pregnancy, it doesn't seem like that long of a time, does it?  Ordinarily, that amount of time would fly by.  Every year, I say, "It's Christmas again, already?", or some other similar comment.

Now, all I can think of is how slow the time is passing.  I guess this is becoming a theme here on the blog: how slowly time is moving.  There's still another six weeks until the day we were supposed to welcome our little girl into our family, yet it seem she's been gone for so long.  The first half of the pregnancy flew by.  April, May, June, then July.  Each month passed in an instant.  I guess time really does fly when you're having fun, because August, September, and October have each felt like a year.  Though the pain of Morgan's passing is not quite as raw as it once was, I remember every detail of that night as if were last night.  I probably always will.  But right now, I just need January to arrive.  Will the New Year be a happy one? Maybe.  Hopefully.  We had such high expectations for 2012, and for a while, it looked like some of our dreams were coming true.  Maybe in 2013, we can awake from the nightmare that 2012 has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment